Heartland Parks – Pet Policy
Our Campgrounds are pet-friendly and welcome our guests who enjoy traveling and sharing their camping experience with the family dog and/or cat. However, to ensure all of our guests have a safe and enjoyable time, it is important that you read and abide by the following pet policy:
- Aggressive dogs of any breed are not welcome. If your dog shows behavior that is protective and unfriendly to strangers, please leave them home. If you decide to bring your dog and it exhibits this type of behavior, the manager of the campground will ask you to please find other camping accommodations.
- All pets are required to be under the control and visual observation of their owner at all times. A six foot (6’) leash rule is in effect whenever the animal is outside the owner’s camping trailer, vehicle, cabin, or motor home. No pet should be left tied up and unattended outside the owner’s camping equipment.
- Pet owners are required to pick up after their pet while on property.
- Allowing your pet to bark uncontrollably day or night will not be permitted and you may be asked to leave if you are not able to control your pet’s barking behavior.
- Pet rules unique to the location will be addressed at time of reservation or registration to include maximum pets allowed. We encourage all dog owners to call in advance to inquire about any specific rules that might apply to their situation.
- We have a few Cabins that are pet friendly. Please call in to inquire about availability for you and your pet.
- Service dogs of any breed are welcome. However, these animals must follow leash restraint policies and may not exhibit aggressive behavior.